Returning to the Source of Ancient Hellenic Theatre
CHORARCHIS and TEACHER of Byzantine Psaltic Arts
Konstantinos Papachristodoulou studied European and Byzantine Music at the National Conservatory of Athens. Also classic song and opera studies.
- He was a member of the National Greek Radio Choir.
- He is First Cantor in the Metropolitan Church of Agia Paraskevi, Athens.
- He is Professor of Music at the National Conservatory of Athens where he has taught for the past 20 years.
- He is Professor of Music in Secondary Education in Aspro Pyrgos.
- He is a graduate MTS from the Theological School of Athens.
- and also a graduate of the Higher Ecclesiastical School of Athens.
- He is Past President of the prestigious "Panhellenic Association of Romanos Singers and Melodists of Saint John Damascene,” and one of its Choral Leaders.
- He is the creator and teacher of the internationally known Byzantine Choir "Voices of Byzantium.”
- He is the creator and teacher of the traditional music choir of the Municipality of Glyko Nero.
The Choir "VOICES BYZANTINE" of the National Conservatory of Agia Paraskevi created and taught by Prof. Constantine Papachristodoulou consists of graduates of the National Conservatory. The program includes classics and newer compositions Byzantine Music.
The Choir is regularly invited by the French, Polish and Russian governments for festivals and presentation and is a regular since at two of the most important international Byzantine choir festivals in the world, The Church Choir Festival in Poland and Chainoufka
and the Festival «Golden Pliosc» Ivanovo in Russia.
Regularly invited to events, church and cultural organizations across Greece, Voices of Byzantium has participated in mutiple concerts organized by the National Conservatory of Greece.
Some examples of the Choir’s works:
Night-Music in the Byzantine Greek community of Paris
Opening of the Holy Church of St. Nicholas in Luxembourg
Concert at the Castle "Bourtzi" the city of Nafplion
Concerts at Borough Hall and sacred temples.
He has recorded the CD «Byzantine Voices" with classic and newer compositions Byzantine Music.